Kristopher David Clarke

Clarke, circa 2012

  • Missing Since 02/22/2012
  • Missing From New Town, North Dakota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/23/1991 (28)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'11, 135 - 155 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray jogging suit.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Clarke has a thin mustache and some facial hair, and he may shave his chest hair. His ears are pierced in the lobes and the upper cartilage and he has a keloid scar on one ear. Clarke sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident in 2000; as a result, he has surgical pins implanted in his legs and left wrist, a teflon patch on his aortic arch, long scars on both legs, a scar on his left wrist, a scar on his abdomen, and a scar on his left side that extends from his ribs to his upper back. He walks with a slight limp. Clarke may go by his initials, K.C.

Details of Disappearance

Clarke was last seen in New Town, North Dakota on February 22, 2012. He has never been heard from again. He worked for Blackstone Trucking in New Town at the time of his disappearance.

His truck, a white 2007 Chevrolet with an extended cab, diesel engine and the license plate number AC63117, was later found abandoned in Williston, North Dakota. Since his disappearance there hasn't been any activity on his bank account.

In 2014, five men were charged with the murder of Douglas Carlile, a Washington businessman. They were also charged with ordering Clarke's murder. The defendants were James Terry Henrikson, Timothy Suckow, Robert Andrew Delao, Robby Joe Wahrer and Lazaro Tomas Pesina. The latter three men were only involved in Carlile's murder, not Clarke's.

Clarke's family had long suspected Henrikson was involved in his disappearance. Suckow later testified that he beat Clarke to death with a metal jack handle inside Henrikson's shop, cleaned the crime scene and buried the body in a shallow grave on state park land south of Williston.

In September 2015, Suckow pleaded guilty to murder-for-hire and conspiracy in Clark and Carlile's deaths, and Delao pleaded guilty to helping arrange Carlile's murder. A week later, Henrikson pleaded guilty also. He stated he'd hired Suckow to kill Carlile because Carlile refused to give up his stake in an oil lease, and that he'd also paid Suckow $20,000 to kill Clarke because he thought Clarke was a disloyal employee who might either go work for a rival trucking company or start his own company.

Henrikson was supposed to get a maximum of 40 years in prison under the plea agreement, but in November 2015,  he withdrew his plea and the case went to trial in January 2016. He was convicted of all charges and sentenced to multiple life terms in prison. Suckow, who also killed Carlile, got 30 years in prison for the two murders.

Although Suckow attempted to lead authorities to where he'd buried Clarke's body, it has never been found. Foul play is suspected in Clarke's case due to the circumstances involved.

Investigating Agency

  • North Dakota Department of Criminal Investigation 701-774-4310

Updated 7 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 24, 2018; picture added, details of disappearance updated.