Robert J. Rithaler Jr.
Rithaler, circa 2010
- Missing Since 05/18/2010
- Missing From Newport, Kentucky
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 03/24/1964 (56)
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Pajamas and a plain gold wedding band. Carrying a green backpack.
- Medical Conditions Rithaler has a colloidal cyst in his brain which causes symptoms including cognitive impairment, limited memory capacity and hydrocephalus. He has epilepsy and takes the drug Lamictal to control his seizures. He also takes Celexa for depression. He suffers from osteoporosis and has had multiple compressed spinal fractures. Rithaler had brain surgery not long before his disappearance. He is not considered to be a danger to himself or others, but he may not have his medication with him and he may be confused or disoriented without it.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying brown hair, brown eyes. Rithaler wears wire-rimmed eyeglasses and he may have a thin beard. He has a surgical scar shaped like an inverted horseshoe on the upper right side of his head. He broke his wrist not long before his disappearance and had surgery to repair it in February 2010. Rithaler's nicknames are Butch and Bob. His front teeth are capped and he is bowlegged.