Robert Albert Ahtonen
Ahtonen at age 17 (circa 1967, about 13 years before his disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable); Sketch of Ahtonen as he appeared at the time of his 1980 disappearance; Age-progression to age 53 (circa 2002)
- Missing Since 01/21/1980
- Missing From Newberry, Michigan
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/14/1949 (70)
- Age 30 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'11, 135 - 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold-tone watch.
- Medical Conditions Ahtonen has been diagnosed with epilepsy, an organic brain disease, and mild chronic undifferentiated schizophrenia, and needs medication to control his seizures. He is also mentally disabled, with an IQ of 67. He functions at the level of a seven- to eight-year-old and cannot care for himself. He talks to imaginary persons and has difficulty following directions.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy brown hair, blue eyes. Ahtonen's teeth are severely crooked and overcrowded, and he has a double set of eyeteeth which protrude outwards. His left hand has previously been fractured and he has scars on both pinky fingers.