Bustamante, circa 2011
- Missing Since 05/24/2011
- Missing From Honolulu, Hawaii
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Asian
- Age 35 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored shirt and light-colored printed board shorts.
- Medical Conditions Bustamante suffers from schizophrenia and requires daily medication to control his condition.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Asian male. Brown hair, brown/hazel eyes. Bustamante is of Filipino descent.
Details of Disappearance
Bustamante was last seen in the Kailua area in Honolulu, Hawaii on May 24, 2011. He was homeless at the time, but his father would bring him meals every day. He has never been heard from again.
Bustamante was placed in foster care right after birth and was later adopted by his foster parents. His behavior began to change when he was in his late teens and eventually he was diagnosed with schizophrenia and went to live in a group home.
He eventually decided to live on the streets, but he kept in regular touch with his parents up until his disappearance. His parents describe him as a quiet person who enjoys being alone. Due to Bustamante's mental illness, there is grave concern for his safety. His case remains unsolved.
- Honolulu Crime Stoppers 808-955-8300
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 30, 2019; clothing/jewelry description added.