Adelle Katherine Jensen

Jensen, circa 2015; Joshua Dow, circa 2019

  • Missing Since 11/18/2015
  • Missing From Minneapolis, Minnesota
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 25 years old
  • Height and Weight Height unknown, 150 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Jensen's nickname is Addie. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Jensen was last seen in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota at 2:30 a.m. on November 18, 2015. She was with her boyfriend, Joshua Lewis Duane Dow, on the night of her disappearance. He is the father of her two-year-old daughter.

A photo of Dow is posted with this case summary. He stated he and Jensen had gone to the Downtown Cabaret with his brother that night, and after the club closed, he and his brother saw her walking down the street. They asked her to get in the car with them and go back home, but she refused. She has never been heard from again.

Jensen and Dow had lived together until a few weeks before her disappearance, when she took their daughter and moved in with her parents in Carver County, Minnesota. She had recently gotten a degree from the Dunwoody College of Technology, and was working as a radiology technician and was saving up money to get her own apartment and enroll her daughter in preschool.

A few days after Jensen disappeared, Dow was arrested on suspicion of her murder. The arrest happened after Dow's brother went to police and gave a statement, saying Jensen was dead and he'd helped Dow move her body.

Dow's brother, who lived with him at his Minneapolis duplex, said at 5:00 a.m. on November 18, he'd been asleep when he was awakened by the sound of a gunshot. Dow's brother told him he'd dropped a gun and it had gone off accidentally, and his brother went back to sleep. At about noon, Dow's brother woke up and found a friend (who is now deceased) in the duplex.

Dow and his friend were removing a bloodstained sofa, and Jensen's body was wrapped in plastic similar to the plastic used at the warehouse where both Dow and his brother worked. (Cell phone pings showed Dow went to the warehouse at 7:20 a.m. that day.) Dow told his brother that Jensen had taken her own life. He held a gun to his brother's head and threatened to kill him and their mother, telling him he had to help move the body, clean up the crime scene and go along with the story that Jensen was missing.

The three men loaded the couch into the friend's van, and later cut it in pieces and scattered the pieces in various locations. Dow's brother got rid of the .38 caliber revolver Dow said had killed Jensen. (Police later recovered it.) Dow put her wrapped-up body in a box and taped it shut, and he and his brother painted over the blood-splattered walls at the duplex. They moved the box with Jensen's body to the warehouse. On November 19, after Jensen was reported missing, the brothers moved the body to a storage closet in the warehouse.

Police went to the warehouse, and couldn't find a body there, but they could smell decomposing flesh. One of Dow's coworkers at the warehouse had seen Dow there, washing off plastic sheeting and putting boxes in a cart, on the morning of November 22. About twenty minutes later, another witness saw Dow pushing a box from the warehouse loading dock into a Chevrolet pickup truck matching the description of the truck Jensen had rented for Dow's brother prior to her disappearance.

When the police spoke to Dow, he said he had tried to break up with Jensen and she died by suicide afterwards, shooting herself on his couch, which he also disposed of. He said he thought Jensen "was going to get the last word by sending him to prison for her death," and he also didn't want their daughter to know her mother died by suicide, so he decided to get rid of her body. He admitted he'd dismembered it at the warehouse and dumped the parts in different garbage cans in the city. By then, the cans had already been emptied.

According to text messages on Dow's phone sent from November 11 to November 22, he and Jensen had been fighting and the arguments had turned physical. When Jensen threatened to buy a plane ticket and leave the area, Dow told her he would get custody of their daughter and she would never see her again.

The initial arrest had been for murder, but Dow was instead charged with second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon and interference with a dead body while concealing evidence. In February 2016, he pleaded guilty to interference with a dead body, as well as an unrelated drug charge. He was sentenced to eight years in prison and still serving time on those charges when, in May 2019, he was additionally charged with second-degree murder in Jensen's case.

In December 2019, Dow pleaded guilty to second-degree unintentional murder and admitted he had caused Jensen's death and improperly disposed of her body. He was sentenced to twenty years in prison.

Foul play is suspected in Jensen's case due to the circumstances involved. Authorities sifted through 60 to 100 tons of garbage trying to find her remains, but their search was unsuccessful.

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 9, 2020; details of disappearance updated.