Aidan Jerome Clune
Clune, circa 2022
- Missing Since 04/26/2022
- Missing From Wells, Nevada
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/02/2002 (20)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8 - 5'9, 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black North Face coat, dark-colored pants and black high-top sneakers.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Red 2007 Nissan Frontier pickup truck with a damaged back bumper and duct tape on the driver's side mirror (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Clune has a smiley face tattooed on his abdomen and a tattoo of an Oakland A's logo on his ankle.
Details of Disappearance
Clune left his home in Sonoma County, California and traveled to Utah on April 26, 2022. He then went to Nevada and stayed the night in a hotel in Wells. He checked out of the hotel at 6:23 a.m. on April 27 and traveled south on U.S. Highway 93. This is the last time anyone saw him.
At 8:50 a.m., a Nevada state trooper found Clune's red 2007 Nissan Frontier pickup truck with a damaged back bumper and duct tape on the driver's side mirror parked on the shoulder of Highway 93, near Mile Marker 23. There was no sign of Clune at the scene, and he'd left his wallet, knife and other personal belongings inside the truck.
A search of the area turned up his tracks heading away from the pickup into the desert, however, and searchers tracked him for more than ten air miles. During that time, the footprints indicated he took off his shoes and was running for part of the time. The searchers never found him; he has never been heard from again.
Police believe Clune may have had some kind of mental breakdown which caused him to run away, and that he made efforts to make sure he would not be found. His case remains unsolved. Sonoma County, California police are investigating.
- Sonoma County Sheriff's Office 707-565-2569
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 2, 2023; casefile added.