Alonzo Lee Kent IV
Kent, circa 2011; Kent's boat
- Missing Since 08/26/2011
- Missing From Gulf Breeze, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/27/1970 (52)
- Age 40 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 180 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) 36-foot Boston Whaler boat, called the Monkey Bar II (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Kent's hair was shaved at the time of his disappearance. He goes by his middle name, Lee, and some agencies give his first name as "Alonza."
Details of Disappearance
Kent was last seen in Gulf Breeze, Florida on August 26, 2011. He took his 36-foot Boston Whaler boat, the Monkey Bar II, out on a fishing trip out alone in the Gulf of Mexico and never returned. On the morning of August 28, his family reported him missing.
A photo of Kent's boat is posted with this case summary. Several days after his disappearance, his boat was found drifting unoccupied off the shore of the town of Chuburna on the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. The boat's keys were in the console, there were no indications of foul play and no sign of Kent.
Kent's family believes he was lost at sea and held a memorial service for him after his disappearance. He is married, a graduate of Auburn University and worked as a salesman at the time of his disappearance.
- Marin County Sheriff's Department 415-473-7238
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 26, 2012; casefile added.