Amanda Elise Southern
Southern, circa 1993
- Missing Since 09/18/1993
- Missing From Catahoula Parish, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/25/1965 (57)
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1 - 5'2, 120 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black or green Girbaud t-shirt, tan or beige shorts, and white sneakers.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Dark blue 1988 or 1989 Ford pickup truck with a chrome front bumper
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, green eyes. Southern's ears are pierced and she has a scar on her abdomen. She may use the last names Hagan and/or Muhmoud.
Details of Disappearance
Southern was last seen in Catahoula Parish, Louisiana on September 17, 1993. She was visiting relatives in Deville, Louisiana at the time, and she and her nephew visited the Driftwood Lounge on Highway 28, near the LaSalle Parish line.
Between 3:30 and 4:00 a.m., Southern told her nephew she was leaving with another patron and would return home in the morning. She is believed to have left with a Caucasian male called Bill or Billy. He is described as 25 to 30 years old, with brown shoulder-length hair and a full bushy beard. He was wearing a western-style hat and driving a dark blue 1988 or 1989 Ford pickup truck with a chrome front bumper.
Southern has never been heard from again. In March 1994, six months after her disappearance, her bloodstained shorts and purse were found in a wooded area in LaSalle Parish.
She left behind three children under the age of ten, one of whom was disabled. Their father, a Kuwaiti man, was in Jordan at the time of her disappearance, but returned and took custody of the children. (A year later, he attempted to sell the children to Southern's parents for $2,000, and was charged with child neglect and unlawful selling of human parts.)
Southern has since been declared legally dead, but her case remains unsolved.
- Catahoula Parish Sheriff's Office 318-744-5411
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 30, 2020; distinguishing characteristics updated.