Amber Elizabeth Scholz
Scholz, circa 1981
- Missing Since 11/08/1981
- Missing From Rock Springs, Wyoming
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/07/1960 (63)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 115 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A navy blue hooded sweatshirt, a white blouse, Levi's jeans, white Nike sneakers, a gold ring with a pearl and a gold ring with a sapphire surrounded by sixteen diamond chips.
- Medical Conditions Scholz has a neurotic disorder which makes her highly suggestible and easily influenced by people.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Scholz has freckles on her nose and cheekbones, and a Cesarean section scar on her abdomen. She has had a tonsillectomy.
Details of Disappearance
Scholz attended a party during the evening hours of November 7, 1981 in Rock Springs, Wyoming with her boyfriend and another friend. Scholz left the party at approximately 3:00 a.m. on November 8, accompanied by her friend.
She was last seen at the door to her residence in Plaza Court Apartments on Dewar Drive in Rock Springs at approximately 3:30 a.m. Scholz apparently made it inside her home, but she has never been seen again.
Scholz's apartment was checked later in the morning of November 8 when attempts to contact her were unsuccessful. Her residence appeared to be undisturbed. Scholz's wallet with an uncashed payroll check and her purse were located in the kitchen. Her watch was in the bathroom. She appeared to be preparing her monthly budget when she left her residence.
Scholz was involved in a custody suit regarding her young son with her former boyfriend at the time of her disappearance. It is not known if her case is connected to the legal matter.
Scholz's father reported her as a missing person to Wyoming authorities on November 20, twelve days after she vanished. Her family lived in Ohio in 1981, her former state of residence prior to moving to Wyoming. Scholz was born in Georgia. Her case is unsolved.
- Rock Springs Police Department 307-352-1575
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 21, 2010; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.