Amber Marie Smith
Smith, circa 2014
- Missing Since 08/14/2014
- Missing From Detroit, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Biracial, Native American, White
- Age 29 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 110 pounds
- Medical Conditions Smith suffers from schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and at the time of her disappearance she had been off her medication for three weeks. She has a history of drug use.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Gray car
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (Caucasian/Native American) female. Black hair, brown eyes. Smith's right thumb is slightly deformed. She has a tattoo of a small black flower on her lower back. Her nicknames are Pocahontas and Shadow.
Details of Disappearance
Smith disappeared from her residence in the 5500 block of Radnor Detroit, Michigan on August 14, 2014. She had said she planned to visit her mother in Warren, Michigan that day.
When her husband left home at 8:00 a.m., she was still in bed, and he asked her not to go anywhere until he returned. When he came back at 10:30 a.m., however, she was gone. She never arrived at her mother's home.
Smith's husband reported seeing her on Barrett Street on September 10. He crossed the road to try to talk to her, but an unidentified gray car drove up and took Smith away. There had been reported sightings of her in Detroit since her disappearance, but her location and well-being have yet to be confirmed by law enforcement.
- Detroit Police Department 313-596-5542
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 20, 2018; casefile added.