Andrew Grey Chapman
Chapman, circa 2006; Age-progressions to an unknown age
- Missing Since 12/08/2006
- Missing From Columbus, Ohio
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 32 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10 - 6'1, 165 - 200 pounds
- Medical Conditions Chapman is addicted to drugs. He entered drug rehabilitation three times, but relapsed each time.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Chapman wears eyeglasses. He may have a mustache. His pant size is 34x32, his shoe size is 11 to 12, and his shirt size is L to XL. His nickname is Andy.
Details of Disappearance
Chapman was last seen at his home on Whitethorne Avenue in the Hilltop area of Columbus, Ohio on December 8, 2006. He called his grandmother, apparently in a panic, and said he needed to see her right away. She wasn't able to come and visit him for several days, however, and by then he was gone. He left his car behind and has never been heard from again.
He missed a court appearance later that month, and his family reported him missing in January 2007. In 2008, the missing persons report was closed without his family being consulted, as authorities thought Chapman was simply on the run from his legal problems. In 2013, once police realized his family still hadn't heard from him, they reopened the missing persons case.
Prior to his disappearance, Chapman had become addicted to drugs, and his wife had taken their young son and left him. He remained in regular touch with his mother and grandmother, however.
His family initially thought he might have just left on his own due to his drug problem, but after years passed without anyone hearing from him, they began to worry. They now believe foul play is possible in his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.
- Columbus Police Department 614-645-4545
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 23, 2019; medical conditions added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.