Andrew Thomas Fleming
Andrew, circa 2016; John T. Fleming; John Andrew "Jack" Fleming; Brian Casey
- Missing Since 12/29/2016
- Missing From Cleveland, Ohio
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/15/2002 (20)
- Age 14 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black jacket, a Cleveland Cavaliers jersey with the number 23, and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Andrew is blind.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Cessna Citation 525 plane
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Andrew was last seen in Cleveland, Ohio on December 29, 2016. He boarded a private Cessna Citation 525 plane at Burke Lakefront Airport with his brother, John Robert "Jack" Fleming, their parents, John Thomas Fleming and Suzanne Fleming, a family friend, Brian Casey, and Brian's daughter, Megan Casey.
John, an experienced pilot, was flying. The group had attended a Cleveland Cavaliers game and was on their way home. Photographs of John, Jack and Brian are posted with this case summary.
The last radar contact with the plane was two miles from the Burke Lakefront Airport; it was headed to the Ohio State University airport in Columbus. Only three minutes after takeoff, the plane disappeared from radar and crashed into Lake Erie. A subsequent investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board determined "pilot spatial disorientation" and pilot fatigue were the probable causes of the accident.
The bodies of Suzanne and Andrew Fleming and Megan Casey were not recovered. They are presumed to have died in the crash.
Andrew was a student at the Ohio State School for the Blind in Columbus at the time of his death. He was on the school track and swim teams, played baseball in the Miracle Baseball League, a team for disabled children, and competed in the Special Olympics.
- Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office 216-348-4232
- Cleveland Police Department 216-623-5318
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 23, 2019; picture added, details of disappearance updated.