Angela Cherice Gwinn Stephens
Angela, circa 1993; Angela's car
- Missing Since 10/01/1993
- Missing From Beckley, West Virginia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/27/1970 (52)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1, 105 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold band with a one-carat diamond.
- Associated Vehicle(s) White Dodge Daytona
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Stephens wears contact lenses. Her ears are double-pierced and she has a scar on her nose. She is called by her middle name, Cherice. Cherice's maiden name is Gwinn. Some agencies may hyphenate her last names, as in "Gwinn-Stephens."
Details of Disappearance
Cherice was last seen in Beckley, West Virginia on October 1, 1993. She dropped her husband, Norman Stephens, off at his place of employment in the 200 block of George Street in the Industrial Park area of Beckley during the day. She was driving a white Dodge Daytona at the time; a photo of the car is posted with this case summary. Cherice has never been heard from again.
Cherice's West Virginia driver's license expired in 1996, three years after she vanished. Her husband refused to take a lie detector test in her case, and filed for divorce a month after she disappeared.
A private investigator hired by Cherice's father believes Norman didn't work at all on the day Cherice was last seen; the investigator also believes the car she was driving was sold after her disappearance. Norman has not been named as a suspect in his wife's case, however, and maintains that she simply left him.
Foul play is suspected in Cherice's disappearance; it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Her case remains unsolved. In 2014, she was declared legally dead.
- West Virginia State Police
- Lewisburg Station
Updated 6 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 14, 2018; picture added.