Anita Kim Tilden
Tilden in the early 1970s (more recent photos are unavailable)
- Missing Since 07/09/1987
- Missing From Raytown, Missouri
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/26/1955 (67)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'1, 100 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Maroon and red 1986 Toyota Celica (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Black hair, hazel eyes. Tilden goes by her middle name, Kim, and her maiden name is Setzer. Her ears are pierced and she has a scar on her left cheek under her eye, and a scar on her lower back. She may wear eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Details of Disappearance
Tilden was last seen in Raytown, Missouri on July 9, 1987. She had called her mother the previous evening and said she wasn't feeling well because her allergies were acting up, and that she planned to go to bed early.
She was supposed to work at a hair salon the next day, and when she didn't show up her loved ones went to her apartment. They found a few dishes in the sink and Tilden's glasses on the table, and nothing appeared to be out of place.
Her car, a maroon and red 1986 Toyota Celica, was found abandoned in front of a residence in the 9200 block of east 54th Street, about half a mile from her residence, ten days after she disappeared. It was parked crookedly, facing the wrong direction. The doors were locked, the battery was dead and the keys were gone. There was no sign of Tilden at the scene.
Tilden was divorced in 1987 and had a son, who was with his father at the time of her disappearance. She's described as a responsible person who didn't go places alone and would call work if she wouldn't be able to come in. Her family believes she was murdered, and her case remains unsolved.
- Raytown Police Department 816-737-6020
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 31, 2019; details of disappearance updated.