Anna Bronislawa Maciejewska
Maciejewska, circa 2017
- Missing Since 03/28/2017
- Missing From Charlestown Township, Pennsylvania
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 43 years old
- Height and Weight 5'4, 130 - 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description An engagement ring and a wedding band.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Navy blue 2011 Audi A4 with the Pennsylvania license plate number HTF2919 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, hazel eyes. Maciejewska has a mole on the back of her neck on the left side. She has a dental implant in the back of her bottom jaw. She has previously had a miscarriage. Maciejewska is a native of Poland. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Maciejewska had had some time off some work prior to her disappearance. The last time she verbally communicated with someone outside her household was on March 28, 2017. Her husband, Allen Gould, said he last her on April 10, 2017, when she left their home home in Charlestown Township, Pennsylvania on April 10.
She was supposed to return to work at Voya Financial in West Chester, Pennsylvania that day, but she never arrived. Her employer reported her missing the next day after she missed work again.
Maciejewska's navy blue 2011 Audi A4 with the Pennsylvania license plate number HTF2919 was found abandoned in Charlestown Meadows on May 8, 2017. It was at the overflow parking lot on Ashtree Drive, near neighborhood walking trails. A search of the area turned up no indication of her whereabouts.
Maciejewska's elderly parents live in Poland, and she communicated regularly with them. She spoke to her mother on the phone on March 27, about coming to Poland for a surprise visit for her father. The next day, she said she had to delay her trip due to work obligations.
On March 29, Maciejewska's father got a birthday text from her phone. The text was in Polish, and it had mistakes in it that would be surprising coming from a native Polish speaker like Maciejewska. On Saturday, April 1, Maciejewska's mother called Gould and asked to speak to her daughter. Gould said Maciejewska would call her on Monday.
When Maciejewska's mother called back on Monday, Gould said Maciejewska "didn't come back" and he had no idea where she was. When her mother asked if he'd called the police, he said he was too busy with work and taking care of their four-year-old son. Her employer finally reported her missing.
Police stated Gould was initially cooperative in the investigation, but within a month he had hired an attorney and stopped talking to police. He has not been ruled out as a suspect in his wife's case, and authorities are looking at other possible suspects as well.
Foul play is suspected in Maciejewska's disappearance; her case is being investigated as a homicide. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Pennsylvania State Police
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated April 12, 2018; casefile added.