Anthony J. Cavet
Cavet, circa 1996
- Missing Since 06/01/1996
- Missing From East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/16/1924 (98)
- Age 71 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 160 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Beige 1985 Ford pickup truck with dual rear wheels, and a louvered steel protector over the back window (the protector has three holes in it for vision), and the license plate number B340220
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, brown eyes. Cavet wears eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Cavet's mail carrier reported him missing in June 1996, she had not seen him since early that month and apparently neither had anyone else. He led a reclusive lifestyle in 1996 and his mail carrier was the only person he spoke to regularly.
His truck, which he bought three months before his disappearance, disappeared with him and has not been found. Records do not indicate that he sold it. Cavet's truck is described as a beige 1985 Ford pickup with dual rear wheels and a louvered steel protector over the back window. The protector has three holes in it for vision. The truck's license plate number is B340220.
Cavet's family says it is uncharacteristic of him to leave without warning. He was very close to his pets, which included dogs, goats, and cats. Cavet normally took good care of them, but they were left unattended and without food and water when he vanished and were given over to the county animal control center.
Investigators have searched Cavet's 40-acre property and found no indications of foul play or signs that he died there.
Cavet worked as a railroad bridge tender on the Intracoastal Waterway for more than thirty years; he retired in the early 1980s. He never married. His case remains unsolved.
- Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Office 225-389-5000
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 9, 2009; date of birth, height and weight added, distinguishing characteristics updated.