Anthony L. Anterio
Anterio, circa 1999
- Missing Since 08/19/1999
- Missing From Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/10/1937 (85)
- Age 62 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 170 pounds
- Medical Conditions Anterio has a heart condition.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Anterio was last seen in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on August 19, 1999. He may have planned to meet his boyfriend, Tony Gillette, for dinner that day. He has never been heard from again.
Gillette had scratches on his face the day after Anterio disappeared. Two days later, he agreed to meet with police to talk about Anterio's case. The following morning, before the interview could take place, Gillette called family members and said he was going to harm himself. Later that day, he was found shot in the head inside his car on south Perimeter Road. He later died in the hospital. His death was ruled a suicide.
Anterio is missing under suspicious circumstances and investigators believe Gillette may have murdered him. His case remains unsolved.
- Fort Lauderdale Police Department 954-764-4357
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 2, 2019; picture added.