Contreras, circa 1998
- Missing Since 03/09/1998
- Missing From Los Angeles, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Hispanic
- Age 51 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 212 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A beige sweater, a maroon and white shirt, blue khaki pants, orange sneakers and a plastic ID bracelet with his name and address.
- Medical Conditions Contreras is mentally disabled; he has the capacity of a two-year-old. He is otherwise generally healthy.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic male. Black hair, brown eyes. Contreras speaks only Spanish. His nickname is Tortillas.
Details of Disappearance
Contreras was found wandering the streets of Camarillo, California on August 2, 1997. He knew his name and said he had five brothers, but he could give no other identifying information about himself.
He was placed in a nursing home, the Fountain Gardens in the 2200 block of south Santa Ana Boulevard in southeast Los Angeles, California, while officials tried to determine who he was. His identity was still unconfirmed when he vanished.
Contreras was last seen by the nursing staff at the facility where he resided. He disappeared at approximately 2:15 p.m. on March 9, 1998, seven months after he was found in Caramillo. He has never been heard from again. He may be a patient in a hospital or in another nursing home. His case remains unsolved.
- Los Angeles Police Department 213-485-5381
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 17, 2019; clothing/jewelry description added, distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.