Arlene Day Abbas
Abbas, circa 1989
- Missing Since 01/06/1989
- Missing From Brooklyn, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 10/12/1952 (70)
- Age 36 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0, 160 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibily traditional Muslim clothing.
- Medical Conditions Abbas suffers from schizophrenia.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Abbas's maiden name is Day.
Details of Disappearance
Abbas was hospitalized for schizophrenia in New York City in the fall of 1988, then released to a halfway house in the borough of Brooklyn. She left the halfway house on January 6, 1989 and has never been heard from again. Her family believes she may be institutionalized or doesn't know how to get in touch with her loved ones.
Abbas was born in Indiana. As an adult, she moved to New Orleans, Louisiana with her husband and three young children. She converted to Islam during her marriage. She and her husband divorced in the mid-1980s and she moved to New York, leaving her children with him. Her case remains unsolved.
- New York Police Department 646-610-5030
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 29, 2009; casefile added.