Arthur P. Deering
Deering, circa 1998; Age-progressions to an unknown age
- Missing Since 06/20/1998
- Missing From Beacon, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/29/1952 (71)
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'0, 190 - 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black POW (Prisoner Of War) shirt and blue jeans.
- Medical Conditions Deering suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder due to his experiences in the Vietnam War. He suffers nightmares and delusions as a result. He is required to take medication for his condition; if he does not, he may exhibit paranoid tendencies. Deering is also diabetic. He is classified as disabled.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray/white hair, blue eyes. Deering has a large scar on his left leg. He has a tattoo of a heart on his upper right arm. He may have a full beard. He walks with a limp and is missing two of his upper front teeth. Deering's nicknames are Art and Artie.
Details of Disappearance
Deering was last seen at approximately 8:00 p.m. on June 20, 1998 when an friend dropped him off at the Metro North train station in Beacon, New York. He was ill and was supposed to be en route to Montrose Veterans Affairs (VA) Hospital at the time. He is a veteran of the Vietnam War; he served in the Marines.
Deering was receiving continuing treatment at the hospital during the summer of 1998. He had been discharged from his inpatient status on June 12, eight days prior to his disappearance, after a six-week stay.
Deering was carrying a large black plastic bag with most of his personal belongings inside of it at the station. He never arrived at the hospital and has not been heard from again. His sister reported him missing on June 25, five days after his disappearance.
Deering's vehicle was discovered abandoned on Spring Valley Street in Beacon several days after he vanished. There was no sign of him at the scene.
His sister had planned on assisting him with locating an apartment in Kingston, New York during the week of his disappearance. Deering had previously lived in Kingston from 1996 until the summer of 1998. He also lived in Memphis, Tennessee and North Carolina in the past.
Deering may have traveled to Tennessee, eastern North Carolina or Florida. He may be disoriented. He is interested in music and motorcycles. Deering often wears t-shirts displaying POW (Prisoner Of War), MIA (Missing In Action) or Harley Davidson logos or emblems.
Deering's case remains unsolved. He may have traveled to back to where he used to live in Florida, Tennessee, or eastern North Carolina. His family believes he may be living on the streets.
- Beacon City Police Department