Kreimer, circa 2015; Kreimer's tattoo
- Missing Since 09/21/2015
- Missing From Point Arena, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Biracial, Black, White
- Date of Birth 05/02/1989 (34)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 135 - 148 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gray hooded sweatshirt, black skinny jeans, silver rings on her right ring and middle fingers, and no shoes.
- Medical Conditions Kreimer was suffering from a mental health crisis at the time of her disappearance; she was incoherent, paranoid and could not sleep. Her mother says she had mental illness on both sides of her family, and believes Kreimer may have bipolar disorder.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Biracial (African-American/Caucasian) female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Kreimer has a noticeable gap between her two front teeth and a birthmark under her left breast. She has a tattoo of the red outline of a triangle on her right wrist; a photo of the tattoo is posted with this case summary. She was born in Hawaii, but raised in Australia, and speaks English with a pronounced Australian accent.
Details of Disappearance
Kreimer was last seen in Port Arena, California on September 21, 2015. At the time of her disappearance, she was suffering an apparent mental health crisis. She had no prior history of mental illness, but after staying awake for four days straight and shouting incoherently, she was taken to the hospital for an evaluation and possible admission.
She resisted attempts to evaluate her, however. Although a doctor believed Kreimer was experiencing a psychotic episode as a result of bipolar disorder, in the end she was released to the care of her boyfriend, Jamai Gayle, and a friend. At one point, as Gayle was driving her home from the hospital, Kreimer tried to jump out of the car.
When they got home, Kreimer stayed up another night. She seemed confused and claimed she had killed one of her neighbors, who was in fact alive. The next morning, she wandered away from the house twice and Gayle and her friend had to go outside, find her and return her to the residence.
Gayle, Asha and her friend decided to go to San Francisco, California to visit Gayle's mother. They stopped at the Rollerville Cafe near Point Arena to get some food. Kreimer was still acting strangely and refused to speak to the waitress or eat anything. Between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m., she got up to use the bathroom and never returned. She has never been heard from again.
Her jacket was discovered on the trail the leads along the cliffs to the Point Arena Lighthouse, leaving to speculation that she might have jumped, but extensive searches turned up no sign of her or her body. However, her friend said Kreimer didn't have a jacket with her at the cafe.
Kreimer is originally from Australia and has dual Australian/U.S. citizenship. She had been living in the United States for three years by the time of her disappearance. She didn't have her purse, wallet, cellular phone, identification, credit cards or even her shoes when she disappeared, and is considered to be at risk. Her case remains unsolved.
- Mendocino County Sheriff's Department 707-463-4095
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 14, 2020; details of diasppearance updated.