Ashley Fuller Reed
Reed, circa 1990
- Missing Since 01/14/1990
- Missing From Garland, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/06/1970 (52)
- Age 19 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 115 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A stonewashed denim skirt, a long-sleeved black shirt, a waist-length brown bomber jacket, a Guess? watch, gold hoop earrings, and two gold rings.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Brown 1984 Chevrolet Citation (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Reed has a small brown-colored mole on her left cheek. Her ears are pierced. Reed's nickname is Ash.
Details of Disappearance
Reed planned to meet two unidentified males for dinner during the evening of January 14, 1990 near her hometown of Garland, Texas. She was supposed to meet the men, who were known to her family only as Dave and Robert, at the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) restaurant at Interstate 635 and Military Parkway in Dallas, Texas. She mentioned she might travel to Corsicana, Texas with friends and would call home when she arrived.
The two men Reed planned to meet that night have never been identified. A witness reported seeing Reed at the IHOP talking to a man. He's described as Caucasian, about 6'0, and 175 to 200 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He had a clean, neat appearance and wore a beige Western-style jacket with elbow patches, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. Reed has never been heard from again.
Her brown 1984 Chevrolet Citation was found abandoned the following morning on the freeway ramp at Military Parkway and LBJ Freeway; the hazard lights had been left blinking and the battery had died by the time the car was located. The ramp was approximately one-quarter mile from the restaurant she planned to visit the night before. The vehicle's driver's seat was pushed all the way forward, the way Reed normally kept it, and her purse and keys were missing.
Two fishermen reported finding Reed's purse in a water-filled gravel pit near the Trinity River and Bois d'Arc Road. They said they'd looked inside the purse and seen papers with Reed's name on them, and they told the police. When the police went to the pit to retrieve the purse, however, they couldn't find it.
Reed is a former student at Harding High School in Minnesota. She was an honor student, president of the student council, and a cheerleader, and was on the school's newspaper and integration committee. She had planned to enroll in the University of Minnesota at St. Cloud to study pre-law, but changed her plans and moved to Texas with her mother and brother in October 1989. She had taken a job at JoJo's Restaurant in Addison, Texas.
Authorities believe she was taken against her will, and foul play is suspected in her case.
- Dallas Police Department 214-670-5146
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 18, 2020; picture added.