Ashley Nicole Martin Mauldin
Mauldin, circa 2007
- Missing Since 06/10/2006
- Missing From Hudson, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/28/1978 (44)
- Age 27 years old
- Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'7, 150 - 185 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A two-piece blue and black Speedo bathing suit and scuba gear or a tank top and light green shorts, and a small white gold cross necklace with a cubic zirconia.
- Medical Conditions Mauldin suffers from migraine headaches and hypoglycemia. She is allergic to penicillin and sulfates.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Black hair, dark brown eyes. Mauldin has a false left eyetooth. Her ears are pierced and she has a brown birthmark on her right thigh. She wears contact lenses and eyeglasses. Her nickname is Ash.
Details of Disappearance
Mauldin was last seen in the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Florida on June 10, 2006. She was out with her husband, stepdaughter and friends on a 23-foot pleasure boat, My Millie II.
Mauldin went scuba diving with five others at a shallow man-made reef that afternoon. The water was 28 feet deep and the seas were calm. Her companions surfaced at the end of the 40-minute dive, but Mauldin did not, and has never been heard from again.
No trace of her or her diving gear has ever been found in spite of an extensive search. The Coast Guard ruled her disappearance an accident at sea.
Mauldin's mother disagrees with the Coast Guard's ruling and believes foul play may have caused her daughter's disappearance. She stated she planned to file a lawsuit against Mauldin's husband and against the dive shop, which sold her diving equipment even though she wasn't certified to dive. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation 727-815-9398
Updated 9 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 22, 2018; picture added.