Atticus Louis Pearson
Pearson, circa 1999
- Missing Since 01/22/1999
- Missing From Kauai, Hawaii
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/03/1976 (46)
- Age 22 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9 - 5'11, 140 - 150 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Pearson has moles on his face. His hair was long at the time of his disappearance and he normally wore it in a braid.
Details of Disappearance
Pearson is originally from Clearwater, Washington. His mother last had contact with him on January 22, 1999, when he telephoned her from Hanalei on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. He told her he was going to hike to Kalalau Beach. He has never been heard from again. His mother reported him missing in May of that year.
Pearson's family went to Hawaii to look for him in late November 1999. They found no sign of him on the nine-mile hike from Hanalei to Kalalau Beach, but they found his abandoned campsite in Hanakapia'i Valley on December 2.
At the time of his disappearance, Pearson was leading a transient lifestyle, traveling around Kauai and camping with friends that he met. He had originally gone to Hawaii for a two-week vacation, but decided to stay longer because he liked the area so much.
His case remains unsolved; he is presumed to have either drowned at Kalalau Beach, or become lost or injured on the way there.
- Kauai Police Department 808-241-1696
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 17, 2017; distinguishing characteristics and details of disappearance updated.