Barbara Joy Gallagher
Gallagher, circa 1988
- Missing Since 09/01/1988
- Missing From Azalea, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/09/1957 (66)
- Age 31 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 125 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Gallagher's ears are pierced. She wears contact lenses or eyeglasses. Gallagher has a tattoo of a dove on her right shoulder blade. Her nickname is Barbi. Gallagher may use the following last names: Barr, Evenson, Shippers, Bradwell, Redl, Walker and/or Wood.
Details of Disappearance
Gallagher was last seen in Azalea, Oregon sometime between September and mid-October 1988. She has not been heard from again and her whereabouts are unknown.
Gallagher lived in Azalea on Bull Run Road with her boyfriend, Robert Barr, at the time of her disappearance. Azalea is located on Interstate 5 and is approximately 88 miles north of the California state border.
In 2001, Barr's wife's body was found in the South Lake Tahoe, California area. Several weeks later Barr shot himself to death. Investigators determined that the gun he used was the same weapon used to murder his wife; they believe he killed her. He is described as a consummate liar with a history of violence, but he was never charged in connection with Gallagher's case.
Gallagher coached the Roseburg Swim Team, was employed at the Red Cross and also worked as a lifeguard. She was a student at Umpqua Community College and majored in corporate physical fitness at the time she disappeared. Her hobbies include scuba diving, jogging, photography, collecting carousel horses and attending rodeos.
Gallagher has experience working in the retail industry, food and beverage service, community service and ranching. She was associated with people from the Redding/Red Bluff, California in 1988. It is not known if Gallagher traveled to that region after she was last seen. Her case is unsolved.
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office 541-440-4450
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 7, 2011; alternate height added, date of disappearance updated.