Zakon, circa 1984
- Missing Since 12/22/1984
- Missing From Brooklyn, New York
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 55 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 200 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored stocking cap.
- Medical Conditions Zakon is diabetic and also has a history of psychiatric problems. She was taking the psychoactive drug Lithium at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Zakon may use the last names Breindel, Kaxman and/or Kazman. She has a mole on the left side of her nose and a mole on the right side of her face. Zakon is a Holocaust survivor and has a concentration camp number tattooed on her left forearm. She was born in Poland and speaks Polish, Yiddish and English.
Details of Disappearance
Zakon was last seen in the vicinity of east 12th Street and Kings Highway in the New York City borough of Brooklyn at approximately 2:00 p.m. on December 22, 1984. She disappeared after leaving her home on east 10th Street in the Sheepshead Bay area and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. Zakon lived in the 1400 block of east 10th Street at the time of her disappearance.
- New York Police Department 212-473-2042
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 24, 2020; picture and clothing/jewelry description added, details of disappearance updated.