Barre Kallan Monigold
Monigold, circa 1979
- Missing Since 06/17/1979
- Missing From Tyler, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 09/11/1955 (67)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'11, 150 - 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A red plaid shirt with blue and tan squares, brown slip-on shoes, a St. Christopher necklace and a silver watch.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Blue 1978 Monte Carlo (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Monigold may go by his middle name, Kallan. He has a thin mustache. He may wear silver wire-rimmed eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Monigold was last seen at a friend's apartment complex in the 3900 block of Old Bullard Road in Tyler, Texas on June 17, 1979. He had been on a date that night and he and his date had gone to his friend's second-floor apartment and fallen asleep on the floor.
Between 1:00 and 1:30 a.m., Monigold's friend woke him up to tell him that the dome light in his car, a blue 1978 Monte Carlo, was on. Monigold went outside to turn the light off and never returned. While he was gone, his friend was in the kitchen, which overlooked the parking lot; the car was thirty to forty feet away.
His friend didn't hear any unusual noises. After about five minutes he went outside and called for Monigold, but Monigold was gone. The Monte Carlo's driver's side door was found unlocked and there were no indications of a struggle.
Monigold left all his clothing and personal belongings behind, and he also left money in his bank account. He worked as a car salesman at King Chevrolet at the time of his disappearance. He had studied karate and could have defended himself if attacked.
After his disappearance there were persistent rumors that he had been murdered, and another story that he had fled to Jamaica, but little evidence is available in his case. It remains unsolved.
- Tyler Police Department 903-531-1026
Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 8, 2016; details of disappearance updated.