Beatrice Marie Lopez Cubelos
Lopez Cubelos, circa 1989
- Missing Since 09/24/1989
- Missing From Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 11/13/1950 (72)
- Age 38 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'5, 110 - 125 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A tank top or muscle shirt, jeans and sneakers.
- Medical Conditions Lopez Cubelos suffers from bipolar disorder and other mental health issues. She needs medication to control her conditions and may not have been taking it at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Lopez Cubelos wears eyeglasses with large light-colored plastic frames. Her nickname is Bea and her name may be spelled "Beatriz." She may use the last name Cubelos-Lopez. She has previously broken bones in her right hand and her right smallest toe. Lopez Cubelos has a tattoo of the words "Lady" and "Ward" on her buttocks and a scar on her neck. Her ears are double-pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Lopez Cubelos was last seen in Albuquerque, New Mexico on September 24, 1989. That night she, a longtime male friend and another man went to the Silver Fox Lounge in the 1900 block of Fourth Northwest. Afterwards they all went to the friend's apartment near Candelaria and 2nd Street.
Sometime between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m., Lopez Cubelos asked her friend to give her a ride home. Her friend's car battery was dead, however, and he said they'd have to wait until 7:00 a.m. so he could borrow jumper cables to restart it.
Lopez Cubelos decided not to wait and left on foot. She may have planned to hitchhike to her destination. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.
Prior to her disappearance, Lopez Cubelos traveled to various places all over the United States. Sometimes she would take her three children with her, and other times she left them in the care of their grandparents. Her case remains unsolved.
- Albuquerque Police Department 505-924-6093
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 29, 2018; picture added.