Beatriz Adriana Wheeler
Wheeler, circa 2005; Jesus Cruz-Perez
- Missing Since 01/19/2005
- Missing From Fort Myers, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Hispanic
- Date of Birth 06/14/1971 (51)
- Age 33 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue jeans and a blue sweatshirt.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Green 1999 Ford Expedition XLT with the Florida license plate number J55CVH; Black 1999 Mercedes SUV with the Florida license plate number G39TRB
- Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Wheeler may use the alias first names Betty and/or Monica. She has a tattoo of a butterfly on her neck and a tattoo of the cartoon character Tweety Bird on the right side of her abdomen. Wheeler wears hair extensions and her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Wheeler was last seen in a green 1999 Ford Expedition XLT with the Florida license plate number J55CVH at 3:00 p.m. on January 19, 2005. She was in the company of Jesus Cruz-Perez at the time; the vehicle was his. He has also been known to drive a black 1999 Mercedes SUV with the Florida license plate number G39TRB.
A photo of Cruz-Perez is posted with this case summary. His date of birth is July 2, 1967, making him 37 years old in January 2005. He's described as Hispanic, 5'7, with brown hair and brown eyes. Cruz-Perez's nickname is Tony. Some agencies refer to him as Jesus Cruz or give his last names without the hyphen, as in "Jesus Cruz Perez."
Wheeler and Cruz-Perez were bound for an auto auction in Fort Myers, Florida. At 6:00 p.m., Wheeler called her sister and said she was on her way home. She never arrived and has never been heard from again. She was not reported missing until January 24, five days later.
Wheeler's disappearance is considered to be suspicious. She has three children and resided with her mother in the 100 block of Hancock Street in Immokalee, Florida at the time she went missing.
Although Cruz-Perez has not been reported as a missing person, his disappearance is considered suspicious, as is Wheeler's. Both cases remain unsolved.
- Collier County Sheriff's Office 239-774-4434
Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 28, 2012; distinguishing characteristics updated.