Rasmussen, circa 2013
- Missing Since 05/19/2013
- Missing From San Francisco, California
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 08/14/1986 (36)
- Age 26 years old
- Height and Weight 6'3, 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A maroon football jersey with the name "Chris" and the number 28, jeans, a striped belt, gray sneakers, a black baseball cap, and sunglasses.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Rasmussen was last seen in San Francisco, California on May 19, 2013. He ran the Bay to Breakers race that day. After finishing the race, he told his friends he was going to Ocean Beach. He has never been heard from again.
That night, his phone, passport and credit cards were found near the Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant, across the street from the beach. His clothing was later found at Ocean Beach, all of it except his underwear. His family believes he may have stripped down to his underwear to go swimming.
Rasmussen was reported missing the next day, after he didn't show up for work. It's uncharacteristic of him to miss work or leave without warning; he's described as very responsible. His family believes he probably drowned at Ocean Beach, which has deadly riptides, and they have held a memorial service for him.
Rasmussen is a native of Portland, Oregon and he lived in Emeryville, California at the time of his disappearance. Both San Francisco and Emeryville law enforcement are investigating.
- San Francisco Police Department 415-553-0123
- Emeryville Police Department 510-596-3700
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 1, 2018; casefile added.