Smith, circa 2017
- Missing Since 07/04/2017
- Missing From Tijeras, New Mexico
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/16/1993 (30)
- Age 24 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'9, 130 - 140 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description An off-white t-shirt with illustrations reading "Endangered Feces", khaki shorts, almost new black Champion sneakers with blue trim and blue soles, and possibly a silver bracelet with a multicolored stone.
- Medical Conditions Smith suffers from a life-threatening medical condition and requires multiple medications to control it; he made sure to take them at the same time every evening, carrying them with him if necessary. He left his medications behind.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy brown hair. Smith has different colored eyes; one is blue and one is green. His nickname is Ben.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen in Tijeras, New Mexico on July 4, 2017. He didn't take his personal belongings, cellular phone or anything of value with him, but may have had his wallet and electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card. He has never been heard from again.
At the time of his disappearance, he was living with the mother of a deceased friend. He'd been living at that house, near N.M. 337 and Raven Road, for a few months. At 4:00 p.m., after having hot dogs and some beer, he left to walk to the park. He was in a good mood and looking forward to going to an Albuquerque Isotopes baseball game and fireworks that evening. The game was supposed to start at 5:30, and he promised to be back in time, but he never returned.
Authorities believe Smith may be in danger, as he left behind his medication. The woman he was living with describes him as a very pleasant person and a "free spirit" but not the kind of person to just disappear. His case remains unsolved.
- Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department 505-468-7100
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 9, 2018; casefile added.