Bernice Morgan Cunningham
Cunningham, circa 1992
- Missing Since 10/18/1992
- Missing From Merritt Island, Florida
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/09/1915 (107)
- Age 77 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 128 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A yellow pullover shirt, beige pants and brown shoes.
- Medical Conditions Cunningham suffers from a heart condition, asthma and allergies and needs to take life-sustaining medication every day. She doesn't have her medicine with her.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. White hair, blue eyes. Cunningham's nickname is Bernie. She wears prescription eyeglasses with plastic frames.
Details of Disappearance
Cunningham was last seen by her neighbors at her residence in the 100 block of Palmetto Avenue in Merritt Island, Florida on October 18, 1992.
She was in the process of moving to Ocala, Florida to be near her sister. She had gotten a house there and had been moving her belongings to it. This was supposed to be her last trip to Merritt Island. She spoke to her sister on the phone twice on the day after her arrival, and their conversations were normal.
Cunningham has never been heard from again. Her car was found parked in her driveway after her disappearance, and there was no evidence of a struggle or a break-in at her home. Her belongings were all there and neatly packed, and the bedsheets had been washed and neatly folded. Her medication was in the bottom drawer of her nightstand.
Authorities aren't sure whether Cunningham was taken against her will, or became disoriented and wandered away. She is a widow and one of nine children, and was very close to her sister in Ocala. It's uncharacteristic of Cunningham to leave without warning. Her disappearance remains unsolved.
- Brevard County Sheriff's Office 321-264-5217
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 5, 2020; distinguishing characteristics updated.