Bettie Kemp Smith
Smith, circa 2020
- Missing Since 06/08/2020
- Missing From Long Branch, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race Black
- Date of Birth 12/15/1947 (75)
- Age 72 years old
- Height and Weight 5'8, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A pastel-colored shirt, white jeans, black and white sneakers, a short wavy black or reddish-brown wig and a baseball cap.
- Medical Conditions Smith was in the advanced stages of dementia at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Smith's ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Smith was last seen at her residence in the 900 block of County Road 158 in Long Branch, Texas on June 8, 2020. Her son saw her go out onto the porch that evening; she enjoyed spending time outside. When he went outside to tell her to get ready for bed, she was gone. She had apparently wandered away and has never been heard from again.
The police were called at 11:00 p.m. and an extensive search began, but it turned up no sign of Smith. She lived with her son and her husband of 55 years at the time of her disappearance. She had wandered away from home before, sometimes hiding after she did so, but would always be found a short time later. Her case remains unsolved.
- Panola County Sheriff’s Office 903-693-0333
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 10, 2021; casefile added.