Betty Jean Toepfer
Toepfer, circa 2015; Toepfer on the day of her disappearance
- Missing Since 04/08/2015
- Missing From Riverside, California
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/01/1927 (95)
- Age 87 years old
- Height and Weight 5'3, 115 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A teal and black zip-up jacket, dark-colored pants and black and white Converse shoes. Carrying a medium-sized black purse with two black shoulder straps. Photos of Toepfer on the day of her disappearance is posted with this case summary.
- Medical Conditions Toepfer is hearing-impaired and uses a hearing aid. She was showing signs of dementia prior to her disappearance, but was still functional.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue/green eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Toepfer was last seen in Riverside, California on April 8, 2015. She boarded an RTA (Riverside Transit Agency) bus at Vernon Avenue and Mission Boulevard in Jurupa Valley that morning, then got off at the downtown Riverside terminal on University Avenue. She was last seen heading east towards Market Street on foot. She has never been heard from again.
Toepfer had dreamed of becoming a nurse, but was unable to because she had seven children. She was still interested in nursing and health, however, and enjoyed reading medical journals and articles on health care. Her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren described her as outgoing, friendly and loving.
She didn't drive and normally used a bus for transportation. was very active for her age and enjoyed going to senior centers in Jurupa Valley and Riverside, as well as shopping in downtown Riverside. Her case remains unsolved.
- Riverside County Sheriff-s Department 951-955-2450
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 21, 2019; casefile added.