Betty, circa 1941
- Missing Since 06/21/1941
- Missing From Silver Creek Falls, Oregon
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Age 10 years old
- Height and Weight Unknown
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A man's shirt and her sister's shoes.
- Medical Conditions Betty was deaf and mute in 1941 and frequently suffered sudden bouts of illness. Doctors believed she would not live past her late teens.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female.
Details of Disappearance
Betty was last seen at her family's Silver Creek Falls, Oregon on June 21, 1941. She woke up early in the morning before her sisters were awake, dressed, and took a bucket outside to get water from the nearby pump. Betty never returned home and has never been heard from again.
Other individuals had disappeared in the same area before. An adult man, Herbert Brown, disappeared from the vicinity six years prior to Betty's disappearance, and was never found. Photographs and vital statistics for him are unavailable. Early in the 20th century, another person also disappeared from the Silver Creek Falls area.
Betty's family members were migrant workers in 1941, and were picking berries at the time she disappeared. Her case remains unsolved, but it is now longer being investigated by law enforcement due to the passage of time.
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 16, 2006; casefile added.