Beverly Ann Cummings
Cummings, circa 1990
- Missing Since 07/18/1990
- Missing From Federal Way, Washington
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/21/1936 (86)
- Age 53 years old
- Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'1, 105 - 115 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Brown 1977 Toyota Celica hatchback with the Washington license plate number UKM-353 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Cummings wears pink-framed eyeglasses. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Cummings was last seen in Federal Way, Washington early in the morning on July 18, 1990, when she went out to go to run errands at the grocery store and the post office.
She said she would be back by 9:00 a.m. to babysit her granddaughter, but she never returned and has never been heard from again. When her loved ones checked the post office and grocery store, they discovered the mail hadn't been collected and no one had seen her at the store.
Over Labor Day Weekend in September 1990, Cummings's brown 1977 Toyota Celica hatchback with the Washington license plate number UKM-353 was found abandoned in on a forest service road three and a half miles off Highway 410 in Greenwater, Washington.
Greenwater residents said the car had been there since mid-July. A man admitted to finding the car and driving it to Auburn, Washington. Authorities stated he wasn't a suspect in Cummings's disappearance.
It's uncharacteristic of Cummings to leave without warning, and she left behind all her makeup and clothing and hasn't used her bank accounts or credit cards since her disappearance. She was in good health at the time of her disappearance, her marriage was happy, and her family can't think of any reason she would want to leave. Her case remains unsolved.
- King County Sheriff's Office 206-205-7810
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 1, 2016; details of disappearance updated.