Bobby Linwood Barbers
Barbers, circa 2010
- Missing Since 07/02/2010
- Missing From Oregon Inlet, North Carolina
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race Black
- Age 54 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 250 - 300 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A black short-sleeved t-shirt and denim shorts.
- Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Barbers has a full, graying beard. His nickname is Pops.
Details of Disappearance
Barber was a crew member on the 74-foot fishing boat Gallant Fox on July 2, 2010. The ship was at Oregon Inlet, about 30 miles off the coast of North Carolina, when he fell overboard at approximately 5:00 a.m. He wasn't wearing a life jacket at the time. The water temperature at the time was about 82 degrees and the air temperature 72 degrees.
In spite of an extensive search by the Coast Guard, no trace of Barbers could be found. The search was suspended the following day. He is presumed to be lost at sea.
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 25, 2011; casefile added.