Bradford Mosby Broach
Broach, circa 2016; Broach on the day of his disappearance
- Missing Since 08/02/2016
- Missing From Girdwood, Alaska
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 01/18/1970 (53)
- Age 46 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 175 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A light blue button-down shirt, khaki shorts, sport sandals and a dark blue baseball cap with the words "Broach Heaters". Carrying a black or blue laptop bag. A photo of Broach in those clothes is posted with this case summary.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, green eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Broach was visiting Alaska from Texas at the time of his disappearance. He last seen at the Alyeska Resort Hotel in Girdwood, Alaska on August 2, 2016. He headed out for a hike on the Winner Creek Trail, near the base of the tram, between 7:30 and 9:00 p.m., and never returned.
Broach was reported missing by his wife in Texas at 6:36 p.m. on August 4; he failed to catch his flight home that day. His belongings and car were later found at the Alyeska Resort Hotel parking lot. Since his disappearance his cellular phone has been turned off.
The Winner Creek Trail is well-maintained and frequently traveled by tourists; it's easy to follow and many parts are on boardwalk. A search of the trail turned up no indication of Broach's whereabouts; police found litter and footprints, but couldn't prove they were his. The search expanded, but no one found any sign of Broach. His case remains unsolved.
- Alaska State Troopers 907-269-5511
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 27, 2019; casefile added.