Brandi Ellen Wells
Wells, circa 2006
- Missing Since 08/03/2006
- Missing From Longview, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 11/28/1982 (40)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 4'11 - 5'0, 120 - 130 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A floral print brown and cream-colored tube top with a V cut over the hip, rust-colored gaucho pants, black strapless high-heeled sandals with a floral applique.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Black four-door 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, which has the Texas license plate number J50ZTD and damage to the passenger side just above the front wheel (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Wells's nicknames are Blinky and Boo. She blinks frequently. Her hair was slightly below her shoulders at the time of her disappearance, without bangs. Her ears are pierced one time each, and she has French tips on her fingernails. Wells broke her left thumb at age ten and had a pin implanted, but the pin was removed after the injury healed.
Details of Disappearance
Wells was last seen in Longview, Texas on August 3, 2006. She planned to go to a pawnshop to get some money, but ended up going to Graham Central Station, a nightclub, instead. Wells is known to have arrived at the club at 10:30 p.m. She was unfamiliar with the area where the club was located, and had to call them several times to ask for directions.
By the time she got there, her car was almost out of gasoline and she asked other customers for assistance, but it is unclear whether anyone offered to help her. She left alone shortly after midnight. She was not intoxicated at the time. She has never been heard from again.
Wells's black four-door 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, which has the Texas license plate number J50ZTD and damage to the passenger side just above the front wheel, disappeared with her. It was found five days later parked westbound on Interstate 20 at Texas Highway 31, just outside of Longview and 300 yards west of FM 2087. Inside were some of her personal belongings, including her wallet, purse and her ex-boyfriend's nonfunctional cellular phone.
There was no sign of Wells at the scene and no indications of a struggle, but the driver's seat was reportedly pushed back, as if someone much taller than Wells had driven it last. There was a plastic gas can in the trunk, which her loved ones don't believe belonged to her.
After Wells disappeared, there was some activity on her own cellular phone, which had disappeared with her. Three people found the phone and used it. All three individuals took a polygraph test; one of them, a man, failed it. The man has not been publicly identified, and though he has been interviewed multiple times by police, he has not been called a suspect in Wells's case.
At the time of her disappearance, Wells resided with a roommate in Brownsboro, Texas. She was planning to enroll in classes at Trinity Valley Community College and live on campus, and she was looking forward to starting a new job at Wal-Mart. She dreamed of a career as a kindergarten or first-grade teacher.
Wells may have been taken against her will and foul play is possible in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
- Longview Police Department 903-237-1110
Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated May 15, 2019; picture added.