Brett Michael Akers
Akers, circa 2020
- Missing Since 07/01/2020
- Missing From Norfolk, Virginia
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Age 28 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11 - 6'1, 150 - 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description Blue surgical scrubs, yellow socks and no shoes.
- Medical Conditions Akers suffers from mental illness. He was recovering from a suicide attempt at the time of his disappearance, and had cuts on his neck that were bandaged. He is not considered a danger to others, but he is in need of medical attention.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Akers wears contact lenses. He had a beard at the time of his disappearance.
Details of Disappearance
Akers was last seen in Norfolk, Virginia on July 1, 2020. He had been admitted to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital against his will after he attempted suicide by slicing his neck. The next day, he left the hospital without permission. The police found him later that day and returned him to the hospital, but he left again without permission.
He was last seen near Plum Point Park, turning right toward the Elizabeth River Trail, at 4:30 p.m. He has never been heard from again. His case remains unsolved.
- Norfolk Police Department 757-664-7070
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 9, 2021; distinguishing characteristics, clothing/jewelry description and details of disappearance updated.