Brittany Nichole Shank
Shank, circa 2018; "Kayden" tattoo on Shank's chest; Tattoo on Shank's hip; "JCP" Tattoo on Shank's arm
- Missing Since 11/30/2018
- Missing From Sturgis, Michigan
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/06/1995 (27)
- Age 23 years old
- Height and Weight 5'1, 110 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description An Army-green coat, jeans and no shoes.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Shank has piercings in her tongue, nose, lip and eyebrow, and her ears have gauged piercings. She has the following tattoos: the name "Kayden" on the right side of her upper chest, a large tribal butterfly on her lower back, the name "Zak" on her left wrist, the initials "JCP" in orange ink on the inside of her right wrist, a sugar skull on her right thigh, the name "Owen Conner Spahr" running vertically down her right leg, and an additional tattoo on her hip. Photos of some of Shank's tattoos are posted with this case summary. She may use the last name Wallace, and her previous married name is Persing. At the time of her disappearance, her hair was dyed red with shaved sides.
Details of Disappearance
Shank was last seen in the 33000 block of Fawn River Road in Sturgis, Michigan on November 30, 2018. She ran her boyfriend's car off the road in a thick fog, and was walking from house to house in the area, apparently very confused, asking for help. She tried to call the police, but cell phone was reception was bad and her calls couldn't go through. She had no coat or shoes and someone gave her an Army-green coat to wear.
Earlier on the day of her disappearance, Shank was accompanied by a man in his early to mid-twenties. He is described as 5'6 to 5'8 tall, with short blond hair and mutton-chop sideburns. It's unclear whether this man had any involvement in his case. Shank has never been heard from again. She left behind four children. Her case remains unsolved.
- St. Joseph County Sheriff's Office 269-467-9045
- Michigan State Police 269-558-0500
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 18, 2019; casefile added.