Bruce Aaron Falconer
Falconer, circa 1981
- Missing Since 02/20/1981
- Missing From Bismarck, North Dakota
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/16/1959 (63)
- Age 21 years old
- Height and Weight 5'11, 150 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A tan shirt with braided trim, a pile-lined blue denim jacket, white corduroy pants and brown and white cowboy boots.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Chevrolet Blazer (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, brown eyes. Falconer has a two-inch scar above his right eye. He has a tattoo of a dragon.
Details of Disappearance
Falconer was last seen in Bismarck, North Dakota on February 20, 1981. That month, he was promoted to sergeant in the Marines; he had joined the Marines at age 16. He was at home in Bismarck on leave at the time of his disappearance, and about to be transferred to Yuma, Arizona.
Falconer went out with a grade school friend, Tim Jewell, on the night of February 20. The men went to some bars, and after the bars closed they drove Falconer's Chevrolet Blazer to an area south of Bismarck along the Missouri River. A few days later, Falconer's vehicle was found stuck in the mud and abandoned. There was no sign of him or Jewell at the scene, but nearby were cigarette butts and the remains of a campfire.
There was speculation that Falconer had gone absent without leave (AWOL) from the Marines, but his mother never believed this because he was happy with his military career. He left behind some paychecks. Early on, his mother concluded he had probably died shortly after his disappearance.
Jewell's skeletal remains were found in the area in 1992. Authorities determined he probably died of exposure. Falconer's body has never been located. The Marines declared him legally dead five years after he went missing. His case remains unsolved.
- Burleigh County Sheriff's Department 701-222-6651
Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 9, 2019; middle name added.