Candy Lee Sturgill
Sturgill, circa 2020; Shirlee Weaver
- Missing Since 10/25/2020
- Missing From Litchfield, California
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/22/1945 (78)
- Age 75 years old
- Height and Weight 5'6, 145 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) White 2002 Toyota RAV4 with the California license plate number 6NWD443 (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Sturgill was last seen in Litchfield, California on October 25, 2020. She went missing with a friend, Shirlee Weaver. They left Litchfield en route to Wendel, California, in a white 2002 Toyota RAV4 with the California license plate number 6NWD443. Neither of the women ever returned or were ever heard from again.
On November 10, searchers in Washoe County, Nevada found the missing women's vehicle near Mixie Flat Road several miles east of Sage Hen Spring. One of the tires was flat, the hood was raised, and the word "HELP" was spelled on the ground using items from inside the car. Weaver's body was in the passenger seat, but there was no sign of Sturgill.
A photo of Weaver is posted with this case summary. Authorities stated her death did not appear to be suspicious. Sturgill has never been located and her fate remains unclear.
- Lassen County Sheriff's Department 530-257-6121
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated November 18, 2021; casefile added.