Carl Joel Swinney
Swinney, circa 2008
- Missing Since 12/19/2008
- Missing From New Caney, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 02/05/1969 (54)
- Age 39 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 160 - 190 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A t-shirt, a coat, blue jeans and a dark-colored baseball cap.
- Medical Conditions Swinney was diagnosed with schizophrenia at an early age and requires continuous supervision as well as daily medication, which he takes by injection. He doesn't have his medicine with him.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Swinney wears eyeglasses. He had facial hair at the time of his disappearance, and he walks with a distinctive gait, twisting his hip.
Details of Disappearance
Swinney was last seen at his brother's home in the Woodcrest subdivision near FM 242 and U.S. Highway 59 in New Caney, Texas at 8:30 a.m. on December 19, 2008. His brother went to go give him his medication and Swinney disappeared. He apparently left on foot, as he has no access to a car.
An extensive search of the surrounding area turned up no sign of him. Swinney may be staying in a homeless shelter. Foul play is not suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office 936-760-5871
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 19, 2009; casefile added.