Cathy Cole Sampson
Sampson, circa 1985
- Missing Since 08/27/1985
- Missing From Paris, Texas
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 06/11/1946 (76)
- Age 39 years old
- Height and Weight 5'7, 130 pounds
- Associated Vehicle(s) Purple 1985 Pontiac (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Sampson may use the name Cathy Bell Cole Sampson. She has a panda bear tattooed on her left breast and a red rose tattooed on her buttocks. Her ears are pierced. She wears a full set of dentures.
Details of Disappearance
Sampson was last seen in Paris, Texas on August 27, 1985. She was preparing to move and left home to drive to a convenience store nearby and get boxes.
She never returned home and hours later, her twelve-year-old daughter called a family friend, who drove around looking for her until he saw Sampson's purple 1985 Pontiac at a roadside park on U.S. 82 west.
Her purse and its contents were inside the vehicle, and valuable equipment her employer had issued was in the trunk. There were no indications of a struggle. She has never been heard from again.
At the time of her disappearance, Sampson lived alone with her daughter in Paris. They had moved there from Dallas, Texas the previously year and Sampson initially took a job at Kimberly-Clark Corp., but shortly before she went missing she started working as a service technician with General Electric Medical Services. She's described as a devoted mother who wouldn't have abandoned her child.
Sampson's ex-husband is not a suspect in her disappearance. Foul play is suspected in her case.
- Paris Police Department 903-737-4134
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 7, 2017; details of disappearance updated.