Charlene Roxanne Voight

Voight, circa 2016; Jeffrey Beier

  • Missing Since 06/29/2016
  • Missing From Littleton, Colorado
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 36 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 105 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes. Voight has a scar on her abdomen from a prior car accident. She has a two-inch-wide, butterfly-shaped birthmark on her lower back right above her buttocks. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance

Voight was last seen in Littleton, Colorado on June 30, 2016. Her parents last heard from her on June 29, and reported her missing on July 8. Police found her vehicle in a dirt lot in the 5000 block of south Rio Grande Street. The property had been purchased by her boyfriend, Jeffrey Scott Beier, just days earlier. A photo of Beier is posted with this case summary. He owned a business providing dumpsters and portable toilets.

After police found Voight's car, they announced they were investigating her disappearance as a possible crime. They named the lot where her car was found, and an apartment in a complex in the 5100 block of the same street, as crime scenes. When police searched the apartment, they found blood spatter on a headboard, a mattress was missing, and a piece of carpet had been cut out and removed.

Voight had previously lived with Beier in San Clemente, California. In February 2012, she filed for a restraining order after he grabbed, slapped and choked her and dragged her around the house for over twenty minutes, making her afraid for her life. Beier pleaded guilty in the domestic violence incident and served jail time for it in 2013. He had a prior abuse history; in 2007, he pleaded guilty to threatening to kill his ex-wife, and she told the police he had "beaten her up several times."

Sometime after the domestic violence incident, Voight and Beier reconciled and moved to Colorado. In 2015, Voight returned to California to complete the final year of her degree in landscape architecture at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. After graduating in the spring of 2016, she moved back to Colorado, and was living with Beier in Littleton while she completed her architectural portfolio and looked for jobs in her chosen field.

On July 12, four days after Voight was reported missing. Beier was arrested for first-degree sexual assault and third-degree assault. According to the indictment in that case, on the night of June 30/July 1, Voight and Beier had some friends over to their apartment, where they drank alcohol and used cocaine. The others stated Beier invited one of the women into the bedroom and then violently raped her, something witnesses heard but did not see. Earlier in the evening, multiple witnesses had seen Beier hit Voight in the face and tell her to shut up. The accounts of the witnesses were the basis for the rape and assault charges.

In September 2016, the charges against Beier were dropped "in the interest of justice." Authorities stated that prosecuting Beier for assaulting Voight and raping the other woman on the night Voight disappeared would have hurt their investigation into Voight's disappearance, as the victim in the rape case was one of the last people to see Voight alive.

The month that the rape and assault charges were dropped, Voight's parents and siblings filed for a restraining order against Beier, saying they were afraid for their lives and believed he meant to harm them.

Investigators looked into Beier's activities and movements in the days immediately following Voight's disappearance, and discovered he'd withdrawn $7,000 in cash from his bank account, purchased lighter fluid, drove to an abandoned farm, and stopped by a landfill in Commerce City, Colorado. A four-month search of the landfill didn't result in the recovery of Voight's body or the missing mattress, but police did find several items of evidentiary value, including some of her personal belongings and the decapitated corpse of a dog, believed to be her Chihuahua, wrapped in one of her sweaters.

Beier moved to Russia in November 2016 and married a woman there a few months later, and the couple then had a child together. In July 2019, his new wife called the police in Littleton and said Beier had repeatedly beaten her and had brought a new girlfriend to come live with them, and so she had filed for divorce.

In August 2019, a Colorado grand jury indicated Beier for one count each of first-degree murder with deliberation, felony first-degree murder, sexual assault, and third-degree assault, and two counts each of attempting to influence a public servant and aggravated animal cruelty. The indictment was not released until early June 2020, however.

Beier has been arrested in Russia but it's unclear when he will be returned to the United States to stand trial. If convicted, he faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole.

Voight's body has never been located. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance due to the circumstances involved.

Investigating Agency

  • Littleton Police Department 303-795-3896

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 3, 2020; casefile added.