Catlett, circa 1981
- Missing Since 08/19/1981
- Missing From Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 12/27/1924 (98)
- Age 56 years old
- Height and Weight 6'2, 210 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A gold ring with a square red stone and a gold Timex wristwatch with a stretch band.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Gray hair, hazel eyes. Catlett wears a toupee.
Details of Disappearance
Catlett was last seen in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on August 19, 1981, when he called his office to say he was on his way to a meeting. He never arrived there. Two weeks later, his car was found abandoned in Denver, Colorado.
Catlett's credit cards were subsequently used at gas stations, stores and motels in New York, Colorado, Alabama, Missouri, Kansas and Louisiana, but the person using the cards wasn't Catlett. He was described as a man in his twenties with a slim build. A California man was questioned in connection with Catlett's case but no charges were filed against the individual.
Catlett left behind a wife and three children when he vanished, and his wife says he had no domestic problems and no reason to leave without warning. He was employed as the director of industrial development for Illinois Central Gulf Railroad at the time of his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.
- Baton Rouge City Police Department
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated September 27, 2018; details of disappearance updated.