Charles Edward Bretzman
Bretzman, circa 2007; Bretzman's Jeep
- Missing Since 10/02/2007
- Missing From Phoenix, Arizona
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 05/09/1945 (78)
- Age 62 years old
- Height and Weight 5'10, 165 pounds
- Clothing/Jewelry Description A brown and blue checkered flannel shirt with a quilted lining, a t-shirt, size 31x31 blue jeans, a baseball cap, size 10 white Reebok sneakers, and an old Russian tank commander watch with a picture of a tank on the face and a flex band.
- Medical Conditions Bretzman has basal cell carcinoma, a slow-growing form of skin cancer, manifesting behind his ears and on his scalp. He also has a history of liver disease. He may be in need of medication.
- Associated Vehicle(s) Black 1990 Jeep Wrangler with chrome bumpers, a chrome grill, a bikini top, no windows, a lift kit, a 2-inch metal grasshopper on the dash and the Arizona license plate number 212-RMZ (accounted for)
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Graying black hair, brown eyes. Bretzman wears wire-framed eyeglasses for reading. He has surgical scars on his abdomen, faded blue tattoos on his right upper arm and left upper wrist, a deformed nail on his right index finger, a cataract on his eye and red rash-type marks on his torso due to liver disease. Bretzman wears upper dentures. His nicknames are Charlie and Tince.
Details of Disappearance
Bretzman was last seen at approximately 10:30 a.m. on October 2, 2007 at his residence in the vicinity of 7th Street and Union Hills in Phoenix, Arizona. He allegedly went camping in the Bradshaw Mountains, Turkey Creek area in Yavapai, Arizona. He has never been heard from again. Bretzman was carrying a pocketknife and a large blue tarp at the time of his disappearance.
His vehicle, a black 1990 Jeep Wrangler with chrome bumpers, a chrome grill, a bikini top, no windows, a lift kit, a 2-inch metal grasshopper on the dash and the Arizona license plate number 212-RMZ, disappeared with him. Photographs of the Jeep are posted with this case summary. It was found abandoned between Minnehaha and Wagoner, Arizona in April 2008.
The circumstances of Bretzman's case are unclear. His disappearance remains unsolved.
- Yavapai County Sheriff's Department 928-771-3100
Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 16, 2018; details of disappearance updated.