Charles Jacob Persho
Persho, circa 1998
- Missing Since 01/14/1998
- Missing From Madeira Beach, Florida
- Classification Lost/Injured Missing
- Sex Male
- Race White
- Date of Birth 04/25/1972 (51)
- Age 25 years old
- Height and Weight 5'9, 180 pounds
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, hazel eyes. Persho has a tattoo on his left upper arm.
Details of Disappearance
Persho was last seen on January 14, 1998. Four days beforehand, he had gone to work on Edward Ballo's fishing vessel, the Kelly J.
Ballo stated they were out on the Gulf of Mexico, 60 miles west of Madeira Beach, Florida, when Persho got sick and started to hallucinate. He jumped off the boat into the ocean. Ballo attempted to help him back on the boat by throwing ropes and a ladder into the water, but Persho kept pushing them away and refused assistance.
Ballo then called the United States Coast Guard for help. By the time Coast Guard officials arrived, however, Persho had disappeared. He is believed to have drowned, but his body was not recovered.
- Pinellas County Sheriff's Office 727-582-6200
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 11, 2007; casefile added.