Cheree Cathleen Hankins
Hankins, circa 1990
- Missing Since 01/18/1990
- Missing From Burlington, Vermont
- Classification Endangered Missing
- Sex Female
- Race White
- Date of Birth 07/28/1944 (78)
- Age 45 years old
- Height and Weight 5'2, 100 pounds
- Medical Conditions Hankins was apparently suffering from delusions at the time of her disappearance.
- Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Gray hair, blue eyes. Hankins may use her maiden name, Walsh. She is a heavy smoker and she is left-handed.
Details of Disappearance
Hankins was last seen at the airport in Burlington, Vermont on January 19, 1990. She had flown from Santa Maria, California to Burlington, arriving at 9:00 a.m. Her luggage was delayed and she filed a claim with the airline, but never came back for the luggage and has never been heard from again.
According to her brother, after her divorce, Hankins developed an obsession with the singer Elvis Presley. She believed Presley, who had died in 1977, was going to meet her when she landed in Burlington and that they were going to marry. When she left California, she did so without saying goodbye to her two sons, who were with their father.
Since Hankins was last seen, there has been no activity on her credit cards or bank accounts. Her case remains unsolved.
- Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department 805-681-4100
Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated February 8, 2019; distinguishing characteristics, medical conditions and details of disappearance updated.